Moleculer is a fast, modern and powerful microservices framework for Node.js. It helps you to build efficient, reliable & scalable services. Moleculer provides many features for building and managing your microservices.
- Promise-based solution (async/await compatible)
- request-reply concept
- support event driven architecture with balancing
- built-in service registry & dynamic service discovery
- load balanced requests & events (round-robin, random, cpu-usage, latency, sharding)
- many fault tolerance features (Circuit Breaker, Bulkhead, Retry, Timeout, Fallback)
- plugin/middleware system
- support versioned services
- support Streams
- service mixins
- built-in caching solution (Memory, MemoryLRU, Redis)
- pluggable loggers (Console, File, Pino, Bunyan, Winston, Debug, Datadog, Log4js)
- pluggable transporters (TCP, NATS, MQTT, Redis, NATS Streaming, Kafka, AMQP 0.9, AMQP 1.0)
- pluggable serializers (JSON, Avro, MsgPack, Protocol Buffer, Thrift)
- pluggable parameter validator
- multiple services on a node/server
- master-less architecture, all nodes are equal
- parameter validation with fastest-validator
- built-in metrics feature with reporters (Console, CSV, Datadog, Event, Prometheus, StatsD)
- built-in tracing feature with exporters (Console, Datadog, Event, Jaeger, Zipkin)
- official API gateway, Database access and many other modules…
We spent a lot of hours to improve the performance of Moleculer and create the fastest microservices framework for Node.js.
Check the results on your computer! Just clone this repo and run
npm install && npm start.
Until Moleculer reaches a
1.0release, breaking changes will be released with a new minor version. For example
0.13.4will be backward compatible, but
0.14.0will have breaking changes.
Moleculer follows Node.js release cycles meaning that the minimum required version is