Moleculer is a fast, modern and powerful microservices framework for Node.js. It helps you to build efficient, reliable & scalable services. Moleculer provides many features for building and managing your microservices.
- Promise-based solution (async/await compatible)
- request-reply concept
- support streams
- support event-driven architecture with balancing
- built-in service registry & dynamic service discovery
- load balanced requests & events (round-robin, random, cpu-usage, latency)
- many fault tolerance features (Circuit Breaker, Bulkhead, Retry, Timeout, Fallback)
- supports middlewares
- supports versioned services
- service mixins
- built-in caching solution (memory, Redis)
- pluggable transporters (TCP, NATS, MQTT, Redis, NATS Streaming, Kafka)
- pluggable serializers (JSON, Avro, MsgPack, Protocol Buffers, Thrift)
- pluggable validator
- multiple services on a node/server
- all nodes are equal, no master/leader node
- parameter validation with fastest-validator
- built-in health monitoring & metrics
- official API gateway module and many other modules…
Until Moleculer reaches a
1.0 release, breaking changes will be released with a new minor version. For example
0.13.4 will be backward compatible, but
0.14.0 will have breaking changes.
We spent a lot of hours to improve the performance of Moleculer and create the fastest microservices framework for Node.js.
Check the results on your computer! Just clone this repo and run
npm install && npm start.